You can google things you read about on my site here, and it will open the results in a new window!

Custom Search

Thursday, August 20, 2009

(27) Colts Preseason Game 2

So I get a call today from a friend of mine, Rich Little, and we talk about the plans for our upcoming motorcycle trip the next day. He tells me he's got an extra ticket to the Colts game and asks me if I'd like to go. I'll never pass up a free Colts game, even if it is preseason.

They were coming up from Bedford IN, and were running a little late. I met them at the intersection of County Line Rd and SR 37. We head downtown and find a parking spot a few blocks from the stadium in a parking garage. We decide to grab some food since we were all hungry and walked straight into the Buffalo Wild Wings restaurant right next to the parking garage. We scarf down some wings and beer and head for the stadium about 10 minutes to kickoff.

The place is still being bombarded with fans showing up for the game. We passed a whole slew of beggars, peddlers, and street entertainers on the way. We decide to skip the line for the escalator and take the ramps up to our seats. We were in the highest balcony right in the center of the field. The game had already started, and the Colts had scored their first touchdown by the time we made it to our seats.

We got settled in, and I finally got to take a good look at the new stadium. They had the roof opened up, as well as the side window. The view of the Indianapolis cityscape at dusk through that windowpane looked like a work of art. It was a sight to behold in person, but the picture I got won't disappoint either. The place is outright huge. I felt like I climbed one of the great pyramids to get to my seat.

The game went pretty well. The Colts led the entire game. I'm not going to go too much into game detail because if you cared enough you'd have watched it, and if you don't care then I'm sure you have no interest in reading a play-by-play. After the game we walked back through the circus of t-shirt peddlers, street musicians, and whooping Colts fans. We were anxious to head home and get some rest, for tomorrow kicks off the big weekend trip.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment