You can google things you read about on my site here, and it will open the results in a new window!

Custom Search

Sunday, February 22, 2009

(9) My brother the hockey player...

Today was a sick day from work, as my bronchitis has really been wiping me out. I spent most of the day resting, eating cough drops, taking medicine at prescribed hours, and decontaminating the house. Amber came over and cleaned up the bathrooms real good. After dinner I got a phone call from my dad, reminding me that my little brother, CW, had a hockey game in Greenwood that evening. CW was filling in for the team's goalie, who had gotten injured, and now has been appointed to be goalie for the remainder of the season. Dad bought him a new set of goalie pads, which were to be debuted at tonight's game. Amber and I saddled up the Subaru, and headed north for Perry Park Ice Rink. The game went great, as CW's team defeated the Fishers team 5 to zip. That's called a shutout in the goalie world. CW did a great job protecting the goal, and his team did an excellent job keeping the puck at the other side of the ice as much as possible. Check out the slideshow for pictures of the big hockey star!

The game was over just before 9pm, and we hurried home because I have to get up at 3am on Saturday for a 'Yellow Ribbon Reintegration Conference' in Fort Wayne.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment